Internship Offer Letter *Important*
Each student must have a complete offer letter from the organization/supervisor (in PDF format) in order to submit an application to the internship program. This letter MUST include the following in order to be considered for the Communication Department’s internship program.
- The letter must be on company letterhead, in PDF format (required) that clearly indicates:
- Company Name
- Company Address (Physical Address)
- Company Website
- Signature by Internship Supervisor (electronic signature is okay).
- Supervisor’s details must be provided:
- Phone Number
- The Internship Offer must be clearly described and include all of the following information:
- Title of the position being offered
- Description of the offer:
- The general professional area in which the internship takes place (e.g., Advertising and marketing, Communications management, Social Media, Television production).
- What work will the intern be involved in and with what responsibilities?
- Requirements: Clarify expectations, required experience or skills
- What will the intern learn at your organization?
- To whom will the intern report?
- Start Date/End Date
- Hours per week.
- Total Hours.
- Paid or Unpaid
- If Unpaid, does the internship meet the federal regulations for an unpaid internship? Compliance must be indicated in the letter in order for this internship to count for the Comm Dept’s internship program. The application will not be processed without this indication. For the relevant regulations and tests please see: http://www.dol.gov/whd/