To successfully complete Internship in Communication II (04:192:370), the following must be achieved:
Before you begin with the course you must:
- Negotiate clearly your hours and responsibilities with your supervisor
- Read through the course syllabus (See Attached sample Syllabus)
- Review the course Sakai site
- This course is conducted completely online
- After the mandatory orientation meeting, there are no class meetings
During the course you must:
- Review all course assignments and meet requirements and deadlines for full points
- Complete 3 Surveys
- Participate in the two online dialogue discussions on Reflector (Optional)
- Submit written essays for portfolio parts 1, 2 on your internship experience.
- Complete the minimum number of hours related to your credit option at your internship site*
- Ensure that your supervisor has submitted a Letter of Evaluation for you
- Check your emails regularly for information and updates
A student’s grade in the internship courses is based on the quality of the work completed for the online course.
All criteria of assessment are provided on Sakai with the course assignments.
The supervisor’s letter is required at the end of the semester but is a pass/fail component.
The grade is based on the work completed in the course plus meeting the obligation of the number of hours on site as certified by the supervisor’s letter at the end of the semester.
- *Internship 2 can be taken for 1, 2 or 3 credits based on the number of hours you contract for; 1 credit = 40 hours; 2 credits = 80 hours and 3 credits = 120 hours.
- These credits do not count towards your major in Communication, but the credits count as electives towards graduation.