Many companies and organizations of all different sizes and in a wide range of industries and fields offer internship opportunities to our students at the School of Communication and Information at Rutgers University.
While internships present great value to students, in our experience, organizations also reap benefits from having internship programs.
It is an opportunity to find and develop young talent and be a part of forming someone’s aspirations and beliefs about professional life.
Moreover, it is an opportunity for you to have eligible individuals helping with your new or ongoing projects.
About our Communication Majors:
For information on course work or the major, see the Department of Communication website
Students eligible for internships will have some /all of the following courses:
- Introduction to Communication & Information (101)
- Introduction to Media Systems & Processes (102)
- Communication Theory (200)
- Communication in Relationships (201)
- Communication Research (300)
Many students have already completed internships and are taking advanced courses in:
- Organizational Communication
- Health Communication
- Public Relations
- Media Systems and Telecommunication